[mythtv-users] Academy Awards audio sync issues

Taylor Ralph taylor.ralph at gmail.com
Mon Mar 8 21:58:24 UTC 2010

On Mon, Mar 8, 2010 at 2:56 PM, Justin Garrison <rothgar at 1n73r.net> wrote:
>> I am currently watching the 82nd Academy Awards (it is still
>> recording) but I am not doing any comm flagging or any other
>> recordings at the moment. The problem I am having is the award
>> announcements are fine but as soon as they go to any cut scene showing
>> a movie that in nominated the audio sync goes way off and the video
>> keeps speeding up and slowing down trying to keep up with the video. I
>> am recording from a HDHR and have this problem other times but right
>> now it is most obvious. The issue does not happen when streaming the
>> recording to my PS3 or when playing locally on the system with XBMC.
>> What can I do to start troubleshooting this issue? It is driving me
>> (and especially my wife) crazy.
>> Any troubleshooting steps or information you need I am willing to try.
>> I also may export some of the recording when this is all done if
>> someone needs to look at the file and can maybe tell why this is
>> happening.
>>

>>Some AV-sync fixes were recently committed to trunk and backported to
>>0.22-fixes. In fact many people have reported issues with ABC in
>>particular and report that the recent changes have fixed their
>>problems.
>
>>Which version of mythtv are you running (mythfrontend --version)?
>
>>Regards.
>
>>--
>>Taylor
>
> I am currently running version 22549 with the release0-22-fixes branch.
> When I apt-get update/upgrade I do not see any updates for mythtv
> (just firefox and kernel headers). Is there another repo besides the
> mythbuntu auto builds that I should try to fix the issue?
> I also am pretty sure this problem only happens with my HDHR and not
> my HD-PVR and I assume it is because the audio track changes to some
> variant of surround sound that my machine cannot process easily.

You don't have the fix since it was committed in 23562. Your version
22549 is really old and you should definitely upgrade. I would imagine
that the mythbuntu auto-builds would be much more current than what
you have. It sounds like you may not have auto-builds setup correctly.
Maybe someone on the list can help.

Regards.

--
Taylor