[mythtv-users] ComCast Champaign finally transmitting scte56 codes

Bill Bogstad bogstad at pobox.com
Wed Mar 10 19:01:18 UTC 2010

On Wed, Mar 10, 2010 at 1:55 PM, Bill Bogstad <bogstad at pobox.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 10, 2010 at 11:30 AM, Ben Kamen <bkamen at benjammin.net> wrote:
>> Hey there, This last week (maybe weekend) my digital channels broke.. so I
>> went to look into it
>> and it seems the channel assignments have changed in some cases and they
>> started transmitting scte56 lineups...
>>
>> But they list a bunch and I don't have a box with the programmed VCT_ID for
>> the area... has anyone figured out the right one, OR have they figured out
>> for their area using some method?
>>
>> I thought of matching the channels listed on Schedules Direct with the
>> scte56 output, but wondered how much merit that had. I'd like to hear from
>> users who have successully (or not) pulled this off.
>
> Well, I started doing that, but quickly switched to scte56. ...

Oh, and you might want to set up a cron job to run scte65scan
periodically to see if they change the tunings.   That happened a
couple of times for me when Comcast was first getting things moved
around.   Finally, Comcast seems to change the version reported by
scte65scan occasionally without changing the actual contents.   My
cron job ignores version numbers when it determines whether anything
has changed or not.

Bill Bogstad