[mythtv-users] Where to sell old HTPC's?

Yan Seiner yan at seiner.com
Thu Mar 11 13:35:05 UTC 2010

Colin McGregor wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 11, 2010 at 1:55 AM, Justin Garrison <rothgar at 1n73r.net> wrote:
>
>> I now have 2 old MythTV boxes that work perfectly but I no longer need. Can
>> anyone suggest where would be a good place to sell these old machines?
>>

> My second choice when I have hardware to get rid of is charities / not
> for profits groups. My personal favorite not-for-profit hardware sink
> is Planet Geek Toronto (http://www.planetgeek.ca/) that fixes up old
> PCs, installs Ubuntu on them and then gives them away at a local food
> bank to people who could not otherwise afford a computer (okay,
> disclaimer I have done some volunteer work for PlanetGeek). There are
> a number of similar groups in other cities, a partial list of which
> can be seen here: http://wiki.freegeek.org/index.php/Main_Page

Lastly, do not toss it into the junk heap to fill landfills.  There are
recycles who strip old electronics down and recycle the vast majority of
the pieces.  The one we have
<http://www.nextsteprecycling.org/locations> resuses what they can,
gives away pallete loads to those who need it, sells some, and puts
almost nothing into the landfill.

--Yan

--

   o__