[mythtv-users] working vonageSniff.pl

sdkovacs sdkovacs at gmail.com
Thu Mar 11 15:57:24 UTC 2010

On Wed, Mar 10, 2010 at 8:24 PM, sdkovacs <sdkovacs at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 3, 2010 at 8:13 AM, Charles Wright <cpwright at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Mon, Mar 1, 2010 at 9:00 PM, sdkovacs <sdkovacs at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> I've decided to try and use vonagesniff.pl with the intent of having
>>> CallerID information displayed while watching MythTv, but I'm having
>>> no luck getting it to work. I can see the traffic coming into port
>>> 10000 using tcpdump, but the perl script doesn't seem to work. Does
>>> anyone have a recent, working version?
>>
>> Steve,
>>
>> Do you see the INVITEs?  In my case, I only have access to the 180
>> Ringing's so I changed my script to use those instead.
>>
>> I also need to run arpspoof so that my Mythbox will get all of the traffic:
>> echo "1" > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward
>>
>> arpspoof -i eth0 192.168.1.1 >/dev/null 2>&1 &
>
> I downloaded the dsniff source so I can use arpspoof, but I'm having
> a difficult time getting dsniff to compile on CentOS 5.4. Any
> suggestions?

To answer my own question and put an end to this OT thread, I needed
to patch the dsniff source and compile and install a couple of older
libs. Shortcut for reference in the future:

   1. Download and compile
http://www.enzotech.net/files/libnet-1.0.2a-fixed-FC.tar.gz
   2. Download and compile
http://www.enzotech.net/files/libnids-1.16-fixed-FC.tar.gz
   3. Download and compile my patched version of dsniff -
http://www.avareltechnology.com/dsniff_patched_2.4b1.tar.gz