[mythtv-users] OT: Formula 1 season starts this sunday.

Brian J. Murrell brian at interlinx.bc.ca
Thu Mar 11 19:28:43 UTC 2010

On Thu, 2010-03-11 at 14:17 -0500, ryan patterson wrote:

> What does this have to do with MythTV?

Hear hear!  Amen!  And all that.

> But
> please stop posting blatant off topic messages to mythtv-users.

I can't agree more.

> Sorry to single you out but there has been a large increase in off
> topic messages on mythtv-users for the past couple of weeks.  It is
> really annoying.

To be frank, it's to the point of my wanting to unsubscribe yet again.
I am sure nobody will shed a tear over that as I don't offer a lot here.

But probably the biggest factor to that lack of contribution is the fact
that sooooo much crap here is OT that I typically delete entire threads,
many at a time, sometimes, without even reading them simply because
chances are pretty good that they are either OT to begin with or have
diverged so far OT from where they were on-topic that I couldn't be
bothered to waste my time sifting through it all.

So, to everyone either starting OT threads or taking threads on way OT
journeys, you are doing so at the expense of the quality of the list.
IMHO.

b.