[mythtv-users] viewer falls asleep with the EPG open - plasma burn in concerns

Johnny Walker johnnyjboss at gmail.com
Fri Mar 12 01:30:54 UTC 2010

On Thu, Mar 11, 2010 at 1:35 PM, Johnny Walker <johnnyjboss at gmail.com>
wrote:
> Hey guys,
>
> My other half likes to fall asleep with the EPG open on screen.
>
> That means the white text of the schedules can get left on the screen
> when I find it and it's sometimes clearly visible after I turn off the
> plasma tv.
>
> Is there a way to timeout the EPG if there's no action after 5 mins?

I looked through the settings today and from what I can see in the logs when
the user enters Watch Tv the screensaver is deactivated:

ScreenSaverX11Private: DPMS Deactivated 1

So the only way I can think to protect my Plasma from EPG burn-in (aside
from never falling asleep) would be to re-enable it when the EPG is loaded
on the screen, even if I'm still in LIVETV mode.

Does this sound correct?

I'll submit a patch if so.

-Johnny