[mythtv-users] comm flagging hdpvr file while recording results in errors

Yeechang Lee ylee at pobox.com
Fri Mar 12 10:26:11 UTC 2010

Chris Pinkham <cpinkham at bc2va.org> says:
> After thinking about this, I think we'd end up being slower, since I
> assume the norm would be that the commercials would be at a higher
> FPS than normal in this case (ie, 29.97 commercials, 24 movie, or
> similar).  So, I think we'd end up being behind more than the 30
> seconds desired.

But isn't that what is desired in this situation? The issue seems to
be that sometimes the realtime commflagging gets too "fast," gets too
close to the end of the ongoing recording, and thus errors. Hopefully
setting the current 30-seconds delay to a slightly larger figure would
avoid this.

--
Frontend/backend:	P4 3.0GHz, 1.5TB software RAID 5 array