[mythtv-users] OT: Formula 1 season starts this sunday.

Aaron aaron at rb303.net
Fri Mar 12 15:27:30 UTC 2010

On Fri, Mar 12, 2010 at 10:10 AM, ryan patterson <ryan.goat at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 11, 2010 at 7:29 PM, Chris Adams <rocket at extremelan.net> wrote:
>> I started an OT thread the other day (emulating lower resolutions to
>> workaround poor resolution support in my TV) - I chose to because this
>> list is full of smart people who know lots about HTPC in general and I
>> couldn't find anything after googling around for a few hours.
>> Nothing's stopping you from not reading every thread that comes along.
>
> This is not a general computing message board.  This is a subscriber
> based mailing list with a defined topic.  That topic is "Discussion
> about MythTV (from the user's perspective)".  The topic is NOT
> "General discussion among smart people, who know lots about HTPC in
> general, which may have a tangential connection to computers or
> perhaps one specfic television program that you enjoy."  (notice the
> word "MythTV" doesn't even appear in the second -- incorrect -- topic)
>
> There are literally THOUSANDS of message boards on the Internet where
> these off topic posts would have a better audience.  There are plenty
> dedicated to Formula 1 alone.  There are countless boards dedicated to
> general computing discussions.
>
> -Ryan

This is from the MythTV Support page:

MythTV-users
Usually less on-topic than the more technical mythtv-dev list
described below, this is a place for users to discuss hardware setups,
configuration problems, etc. It's a fairly busy list, but is the first
place that we recommend you look if you are interested in learning
more about MythTV and/or getting involved with its user community.
Here is the mailing list archive for MythTV-users.

So what's the problem here? No one has broken the rule set either
which is posted here:
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Mailing_List_etiquette

It was posted as OT, if you don't want to read OT set your mail client
to delete OT posts... is it really really that hard?

This IS a community where people discuss things, if you want only
technical go to the DEV mailing list...