[mythtv-users] Fwd: Further Notice of Seagate Hard Drive Class Action and Proposed Settlement

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Fri Mar 12 18:52:16 UTC 2010

On Fri, Mar 12, 2010 at 10:26 AM, Michael T. Dean
<mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:
<SNIP>
> All hard drives from all vendors have always been sold by base 10 sizes--at
> least since I bought my 80MB hard drive back in the early 90's.  That's
> called standardization.
>
> I never--from any label on a Seagate hard drive--got the impression they
> were using some measurement that differed from any other manufacturer's.
>
> Mike
<SNIP>

Agreed.

Interesting though how this differs from what happened with memory
purchasing as 4GB is actually 4.294GB. People don't complain about
getting 7% more for their money, do they... ;-)

People want to own computers and count with their fingers like it's
change at the grocery store I think...

- Mark