[mythtv-users] questions on scte65scan and mySQL

Ben Kamen bkamen at benjammin.net
Sat Mar 13 20:34:58 UTC 2010

On 3/13/2010 1:54 PM, Michael T. Dean wrote:
> On 03/13/2010 02:36 PM, Ben Kamen wrote:
>> So I've done my scanning and I'm getting ready to plug this .SQL
>> output into my myth database, but before I do, I still have some
>> questions about what's about to happen..
>>
>> First, a little info:
>> I have 3 cards in my system. a PVR-350, pcHDTV-3000 and pcHDTV-5500
>>
>> When scanning, I'm setting source-id to 2.
>>
>> I'm not absolutely sure, but I think that I have my PVR-350 set up as
>> tuner1 and
>> my PCHDTV-5500 set up as Tuner 3,4 with the pcHDTV-3000 set up at
>> tuner 4,5.
>>
>> Is that what the sourceID is for?
>
> Source ID is the Video Source ID (where you defined one or more Video
> Sources in mythtv-setup--with those cards, you would actually need at
> least 2 video sources), and is a 1-based index. But, if you don't do a
> "Delete all video sources" (
> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/264034#264034 ) when
> deleting video sources, the ID's will be non-contiguous. You'll likely
> have to look at the DB to find the right one.

I did that once upon a time a while back and don't mind starting over if it makes it easy considering my sources are from SchedulesDirect...

So I'll do that.

--
Ben Kamen - O.D.T., S.P.
Email: bkamen AT benjammin DOT net              Web: http://www.benjammin.net

Fortune says:
Once, there was NO fun ... This was before MENU planning, FASHION
statements or NAUTILUS equipment ... Then, in 1985 ... FUN was
completely encoded in this tiny MICROCHIP ... It contain 14,768 vaguely
amusing SIT-COM pilots!!  We had to wait FOUR BILLION years but we
finally got JERRY LEWIS, MTV and a large selection of creme-filled
snack cakes!