[mythtv-users] Looking for an Airstar HD-5000-PCI (aka Air2PC)

MarcT myrdhn at gmail.com
Sun Mar 14 03:32:40 UTC 2010

I'm looking for a new, or used but in good condition, Airstar HD-5000-PCI,
or a store to buy one new, not having luck with the known merchants.

I have 3 of them already in my system alongside a PVR-500. Been working for
years without issue.

Since my local provider will be transitioning the analog service away I'm
looking to replace the PVR-500 and since the box already has 3 of the
HD-5000's I thought why introduce a new card and potential issues.

Any help appreciated.

If no one has one or knows where I can get one, recommendations on a new
card are appreciated. Information about personal experience and issues
overcome are welcome.

Requirements are ATSC/QAM, and US cable service compatibility.

MarcT