[mythtv-users] questions on scte65scan and mySQL

Jim Beckett beckett.jim at gmail.com
Sun Mar 14 19:32:59 UTC 2010

Ben Kamen wrote:
> So here's an interesting wrinkle...
>

> So now the database stuff generated from scte65scan is in.
>
> It also found PSIP tables that go along with the OTA Digital broadcasts.
>
> Those were entered in the table (and subsequently the channel list) as:
>
> 3.1, 3.2, 12.1, 12.2 and so on.
>
> They have channel names (the right ones) but their program data is
> blank because they were tied in
> from the ScheduleDirect ComCast Digital Cable Lineup (which doesn't
> have these channel numbers).
>
> What's the best method to get the schedule direct information for
> these "OTA" channels
> with the same Station Names, Number, schedule ID but on a different
> broadcast frequency?
>

>  -Ben

Ben,

I usually open up the schedules direct website, and get the xmltv id by
hovering the mouse cursor over the station id.

Then I go into the mythweb channel editor, and enter the xmltvid in it
for each channel.

Once that has been done, and saved, you can run mythfilldatabase with
the '--refresh-all' and '--refresh-today' options.
(I'm not sure if it is necessary to do --refresh-all, but I figure it
can't hurt.)

After doing this, you should be ready to go.

-Jim