[mythtv-users] DTA100 and irblasting

Kirk Bocek t004 at kbocek.com
Mon Mar 15 03:44:32 UTC 2010

Scott wrote:
> Need some help with irblasting a DTA100.
>
> I came across this which seems good for my motorola dta100 (I put this
> in lircd.conf along with my pvr150 remote):
> http://mythtv.org/pipermail/mythtv-users/2010-January/278281.html
>
> I actually have 3 possible methods to blast, pvr150, pvrusb2, rs232. My
> current route was going to be rs232, but if any of the others is easier
> ill go that route.
> Im running opensuse 11.2, upgraded to lirc 0.8.6 to support the XMP
> protocol.
>
>>From what i gather i should do below (taken from here
> http://www.eggshellskull.com/lirc/blaster/index.php#step7)
> /sbin/modprobe lirc_i2c
> /sbin/modprobe lirc_serial
> /usr/sbin/lircd --device=/dev/lirc0 --output=/dev/lircd
> /usr/sbin/lircd --driver=default --device=/dev/lirc1
> --output=/dev/lircd1 --pidfile=/var/run/lircd1.pid
>
> But then that guide refers to rc.local and modprobe.conf which i have
> neither of, so i suspect things have changed since that guide was written.
> But i did the lines above and thought i could then test with this:
> irsend --device=/dev/lircd1 SEND_ONCE MotorolaDTA100-PaceDC50X 3
>
> But that didnt work, so im heading to the list to gather some ideas and
> support from anyone. Let me know if any logs/configs i should post.
> Thanks

I've been using my revised config since I posted it and it's been working
100%. However, my lirc setup is from ATrpms, so I can't really address your
driver and startup stuff. With Axel's RPMs, it just works. Thanks Axel.

However, your irsend command:

	irsend --device=/dev/lircd1 SEND_ONCE MotorolaDTA100-PaceDC50X 3

is incorrect with the config I provided. The command to send the number 3
would be "KEY_3" and not "3".

You need to provide whatever string you have entered on the left side of the
codes. It can be anything you want which allows you to configure multiple
remotes doing multiple things without conflicts. For example I setup a simple
remote to let the wife get Myth into TV mode and change channels and volume
while I have my more complex remote for everything else. That's one divorce
avoided. :)