[mythtv-users] MythTV in Atlanta

Justin Johnson justin.johnson3 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 15 15:37:51 UTC 2010

On Mon, Mar 15, 2010 at 12:30 AM, Raymond Wagner <raymond at wagnerrp.com> wrote:
> On 3/15/2010 01:16, Justin Johnson wrote:
>>
>> If it's just digital, how much of it is clearQAM?
>>

> http://www.silicondust.com/hdhomerun/lineup_web/US:30329#lineup_1822702
>
> Looks like Atlanta is still an area where privacy mode has not been
> activated, and you can pick up extended cable in standard definition over
> clearQAM.

Ah, yes I forgot about the HDHR website. Great resource if you ask me.
Though, I think it's a fair assumption that those clearQAM channels
will disappear relatively quickly, I'd guess within a year.

>> Would it be worth it to get an HD-PVR?
>>

> All of those listed stations except for the local rebroadcasts will be at
> 480i, as that is the limit the DTAs can handle.  If you want HD, you need a
> full STB and an HDPVR to capture off of it.

This isn't a dealbreaker for me, but would be nice to have those
channels in HD. Though, if I was going to do the whole STB thing, I'd
look into satellite as well.
--Justin Johnson