[mythtv-users] 0.22fixes: mkv subtitles in internal player not working?

Jim Stichnoth stichnot at gmail.com
Wed Mar 17 19:04:06 UTC 2010

On Wed, Mar 17, 2010 at 11:53 AM, Steven Adeff <adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com>wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 17, 2010 at 2:35 PM, Jim Stichnoth <stichnot at gmail.com> wrote:
> > PGS support (bluray subtitles) was checked into trunk less than a day
> ago,
> > see http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/6748 .
> >
> > For text-based subtitles like .srt files, you will not see any OSD menu
> > entries for controlling their display.  You can press 't' to toggle them
> on
> > and off, or you can globally enable captions/subtitles in the OSD
> settings,
> > or you can apply the patch in http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/8153 to
> put
> > control in the OSD menu.
> >
> > Jim
>
> will this ticket affect subtitles embedded in mkv files?

Ticket [8153], almost certainly not.  Ticket [6748], maybe, I really
couldn't say.

> also, what do you mean by "globally enable captions/subtitles in the
> OSD settings"?

Utilities/Setup > Setup > TV Settings > Playback OSD > page 3

Always display closed captioning or subtitles

If enabled, captions will be displayed when playing back recordings or
watching live TV.  Closed Captioning can be turned on or off by
pressing "T" during playback.

Jim