[mythtv-users] Pace RNG110 via Firewire

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Wed Mar 17 19:38:53 UTC 2010

On Wed, Mar 17, 2010 at 2:57 PM, Scott <pickle136 at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> On 3/17/2010 2:48 PM, Steven Adeff wrote:
>>
>> Comcast in our area is handing these boxes out now, they have a single
>> firewire port. We picked one up for one of the housemates so I decided
>> to play with it.
>>
>> this box has STB Vendor ID: 0x5094 Model ID: 0x10755
>> which is already in 6200ch and mythprime seems to work with it with
>> channel change methods 1 and 2
>>
>> firewire_tester on the other hand doesn't seem to work.
>>

>> Anyone have one of these boxes working in their system?
>>

> I dont have this particular box but you tried both methods in
> firewire_tester? p2p and broadcast?
> Also be careful with the permissions of raw1394 (run firewire_tester as root
> as a test)
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/FireWire

sadly, yes,
$ sudo firewire_tester -v -n1 -p -r20
raw1394: Allocating handle, port 0.
Action: Test P2P connection 20 times, node 1, channel 1
P2P: Testing...P2P: Creating, node 1, channel -1
Failed
P2P: Disconnecting.
P2P: Testing...P2P: Creating, node 1, channel -1
Failed
P2P: Disconnecting.
P2P: Testing...P2P: Creating, node 1, channel -1
Failed
P2P: Disconnecting.
P2P: Testing...P2P: Creating, node 1, channel -1
Failed
P2P: Disconnecting.
P2P: Testing...P2P: Creating, node 1, channel -1
Failed
P2P: Disconnecting.

$ sudo firewire_tester -v -n1 -b -r20
raw1394: Allocating handle, port 0.
Action: Test broadcast 20 times, node 1, channel 62
Broadcast: Creating, node 1, channel 62
Broadcast: Testing...Failed
Broadcast: Disconnecting.
Broadcast: Creating, node 1, channel 62
Broadcast: Testing...Failed
Broadcast: Disconnecting.
Broadcast: Creating, node 1, channel 62
Broadcast: Testing...Failed
Broadcast: Disconnecting.
Broadcast: Creating, node 1, channel 62
Broadcast: Testing...Failed
Broadcast: Disconnecting.
Broadcast: Creating, node 1, channel 62
Broadcast: Testing...Failed
Broadcast: Disconnecting.
Broadcast: Creating, node 1, channel 62
Broadcast: Testing...Failed
Broadcast: Disconnecting.
Broadcast: Creating, node 1, channel 62
Broadcast: Testing...Failed
Broadcast: Disconnecting.

mythprime seems to work but most often it takes a *long* time to "prime"

mythbackend consistently receives no data from the box

this is with a TI firewire chipset that works, more or less perfectly,
on the two DCT6200 boxes I normally have connected.

--
Steve
Before you ask, read the FAQ!