[mythtv-users] 0.22fixes: mkv subtitles in internal player not working?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Thu Mar 18 00:57:10 UTC 2010

On 03/17/2010 04:01 PM, Doug Lytle wrote:
> Steven Adeff wrote:
>>
>> hrmm, I'd swear at some point mkv subtitles worked and have since then
>> stopped working. I'll have to try forcing via the "T" button (or
>> whatever I have it mapped to at this point...)
> I tried last weekend to create an .mkv file with subtitles (Using
> Handbrake), mplayer showed them okay, but Mythvideo didn't, even when
> hitting T.

Haven't been following the thread, but I have it on good authority that
MythTV's Internal player supports *bitmap* subtitles in MKV, both
blu-ray (PGS) and DVD style. The Internal player does not, and never
has, supported text subtitles in MKV.

If someone is really interested *and* serious about adding support for
text subtitles in MKV, ask for some direction on the dev list, and
you'll get some hints.  Please don't ask just to ask, though.  :)

Mike