[mythtv-users] Hardware Suggestions

Greg Cope gregcope at gmail.com
Thu Mar 18 07:22:28 UTC 2010

On 17 March 2010 21:48, Brian Wood <beww at beww.org> wrote:
> On Wednesday 17 March 2010 11:29:41 am Michael Tiller wrote:
>> Ideally, I'd like to hear from people who actually have working setups with
>> similar hardware.  Things like the Revo look cools, but I need to know if
>> they actually work.
>
> They do, and quite well, but only as frontends, as I said.

You need to talk to mine.

It does well as a FEBE.  Internal disk for OS, home, MySQL and ESATA
for recordings.  3610 (Dual Core 330 with 2GB ram)

I do not commflag, but in tests it did 57FPS, on high bitrate SD
content (17 Mbit/s or summat).

I only watch SD content as UK TV is still in the Dark Ages, however
anecdotal reports from the US are that the single core 1600 is ok for
HD Frontent.

I can record 4 streams and watch a 5th without issue.  If it can
record 2 HD streams and watch a 3rd that is the most I am likely to
need.

Oh and it does all this for 36W peak.

Greg