[mythtv-users] antenna problem?

sharifah ummu kulthum kulthum91 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 18 09:05:15 UTC 2010

Hi guys.

My mythtv is finally recording things when I pressed Watch TV from
mythfrontend. The frontend always produce this black Please Wait screen and
not long after that It will tell me that it has problem to connect to
mythbackend. Although from the mythfrontend log, it did say that
disconnected from mythbackend which I later assumed that they were connected
in the first place (BE/FE).

Despite that, I did have some .nuv files in /var/lib/mythtv/LiveTV which I
tried to play it from my frontend. However, it failed. And when I tried to
play it using VLC, it was actually the sound of 'the not so good radio
signal' if you I mean. That kind of noise. It is possible that because my
antenna is not strong enough then it can only capture that?

Ummu