[mythtv-users] Mythbuntu frontend upgrade to 9.10 - Myth ignores keyboard input

Mike Perkins mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk
Thu Mar 18 09:50:08 UTC 2010

greg at nodecam.com wrote:
>>> Possibly unrelated, but when I first rebooted after the 9.10 upgrade, my
>>> network adapter was in a "disconnected" state and had to be turned on
>>> manually in order to get network connectivity.
>>>
>> Check the CMOS battery? if it's a little old, your backup config may be
>> losing
>> the odd bit. If your network suddenly becomes unavailable, this would
>> suggest
>> that other things might change as well.
>
> Thanks Mike - I didn't have to enable it in the bios (is that what you
> thought I meant?) just in ubuntu - it was like it missed the fact that a
> cable was plugged in or something when it came up.  Could the cmos battery
> cause that?
>
> It's a pretty new machine - maybe 18 months old.

Yeah, 18 months - but who knows how long the components were sitting on the
shelf before it was built? The manufacturer probably has a bin of coin
batteries, who knows if they are properly used in rotation?

Yeah, I meant enabling it in the BIOS. Been bit by that one myself. And waggling
the cables always helps :)

--

Mike Perkins