[mythtv-users] mirobridge cron and ubuntu 9.10

Jack McGee jack at greendesk.net
Fri Mar 19 02:45:53 UTC 2010

I can run mirobridge just fine from terminal.

It does not work from cron.

This is the cron line:

45 * * * * env `dbus-launch` sh -c 'trap "kill $DBUS_SESSION_BUS_PID"
EXIT;
/usr/share/doc/mythtv-backend/contrib/imports/mirobridge/mirobridge.py
-V >> "/tmp/mirobridge.log" 2>&1

It does not log anything to the log file. If I eliminate the env...EXIT
part, it will put an error in log file:

2010-03-18 20:10:04,747 - mirobridge - CRITICAL - Importing Miro
functions has an issue. Miro must be installed and functional,
error(Failed to contact configuration server; some possible causes are
that you need to enable TCP/IP networking for ORBit, or you have stale
NFS locks due to a system crash. See http://projects.gnome.org/gconf/
for information. (Details -  1: Not running within active session))