[mythtv-users] Comcast DTA direct channel change?

Ron Garrison ron.garrison at gmail.com
Sat Mar 20 23:20:28 UTC 2010

On Sat, Mar 20, 2010 at 7:35 AM, Kirk Bocek <t004 at kbocek.com> wrote:

> Yea! Yet another brand of DTA!
>
> Ron, I created a new lirc config that, with the help of the list, I
> confirmed works with both the Motorla DTAs I was handed and the frequently
> used Pace DTAs.
>
> Are you using lirc? Can you at least temporarily plug in an IR blaster and
> tell me if my config works with that DTA?
>
> The config is here:
> http://www.mythtv.org/pipermail/mythtv-users/2010-January/278281.html

I read on another board that the Thomson brand takes the same codes as
the Pace DTAs, so it will likely work.  I have not tried them yet.  It
may be a couple of weeks before I have a chance to get to it.  If they
are not the same,  I have an old SLIink-e that is very useful for
determining the ir protocols used on various remotes (assuming I can
locate the software as its no longer available).  I can point the
remote to the Slink-e and I get a waveform that I can analyze.

I also found a cable made to connect the Tivo 1/8" out to one of the
Pace DTA's input.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320446555397

It is described in the Tivo Forums.

So I suspect it may be possible to do what I want,  but unless the
above cable works, it won't be out of the box.

Ron