[mythtv-users] MythTV in the UK

Stephen Bridges widget at stdin.co.uk
Sun Mar 21 17:29:49 UTC 2010

On Thursday 18 March 2010 09:18:13 Simon Faulkner wrote:
> Is anyone doing MythTV in the UK?
>
> I am wondering which card is best for DVB-S?

I bought a Hauppauge bog standard DVB-S card (no S2) from ebuyer.  It arrived
and worked.  DVB-S is pretty disappointing compared to DVB-T though.  There's
no BBC red button stuff on freesat, as there's not enough bandwidth as it's
full of crap shopping channels.  Signal to noise is a lot lower in terms of
content.  Unfortunately I don't have Freeview reception in Northampton, but my
Nova T cards are in a bag ready for the switchover, presumably just in time
for T2 to obsolete them.

Widget.