[mythtv-users] UPNP and mythmusic, slightly off-topic

Fredrik Hallgarde mythtv at tedde.nu
Sun Mar 21 20:06:46 UTC 2010

> However, I thought I'd try Boxee on the Windows 7 side.  Works pretty
> well, but the web stuff is kind of choppy (looks like 15fps).
> Interestingly, the TV and video from mythbuntu works perfectly!  The
> music files (flac and MP3) not so much.  In Boxee, every mythmusic is
> seen, but shows up as 4.1GB files and won't play!  WMP12 sees the files
> as well (after installing the Illimable DirectShow filters) but the show
> up as 0 bytes and won't play, either.
>
> Anybody here have any insights?  Wondering if I should being working
> with a more current version, rather than the Mythbuntu packages?

Not sure it is applicable but here is a thought.

Are you mounting your music from another server via Samba? I recently
found out that samba typically isn't compiled with support for "send
file" (or something like that) which makes it unable to present the file
with proper filesizes...
Try moving the file to the backend and try again.

Fredrik