[mythtv-users] Soo I just got the Comcast all digital notice. What is my best option?

Robert Kulagowski rkulagow at gmail.com
Mon Mar 22 15:12:02 UTC 2010

> I might be headed towards trying a iguana ir usb hardware.

I've posted this before, but just to re-iterate.

The IguanaIR works (on Ubuntu 9.10), but I had to do the following:

1)  Install lib-usb v1.0.  I think that Ubuntu shipped with 0.1, and
upgrading to 1.0 made a 1000% difference in channel changing
reliability.
2)  The Ubuntu LIRC 0.8.6  package doesn't include the iguanair
driver, even though iguana's been in LIRC for a few versions.  Use the
pre-compiled LIRC that Iguana provides, and then I don't allow the
updated to "upgrade" lirc.