[mythtv-users] Motherboards that support suspend to RAM (s2ram)

Raymond Wagner raymond at wagnerrp.com
Mon Mar 22 16:00:16 UTC 2010

On 3/22/2010 10:05, Ryan Rustong wrote:

>     I didn't think there was a setting on this motherboard, but I was
>     wrong.
>     Set to S3 it now suspends to RAM.
>
> Are you able to suspend and resume from the remote?

In order to do that, it has to be supported by both your receiver and
motherboard, and there may be some additional configuration you have to
do.  Serial remotes will only work if they have a separate cable that
hooks into a WOL header or the motherboard power switch.  They former
may require some additional BIOS settings.  USB remotes will only work
if you have 5VSB power supplied to the port, and have enabled wake from
USB in the BIOS and/or linux.  Supplying standby power to USB may be a
switch in the BIOS, or it may be a physical jumper you have to move on
the board itself.

> I tried setting this up with minimyth awhile ago, but could not
> reliably resume, sometimes it would come back without issue, but other
> times I would have to power cycle the box.  I'm running a regular
> mythbuntu frontend now, but have not figured out how to
> suspend/resume, so if you are aware of a how-to or don't mind sharing
> your setup I would really appreciate it.

Check out the options on s2ram.  It has multiple routines for
re-initializing the video output upon resume.  Additionally, I've had to
issue a 'usb reset' upon resume before I could use USB on one of my boards.