[mythtv-users] DVD Sound Issue

P.J. Trudell pjtrudell at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 22 20:16:10 UTC 2010

I am running mythbuntu (9.10) on a zotac board with a  atom 230 processor, and my dvd works with totem, but not with the internal player.  I get good video, but static for sound only while playing dvd.  Sound works great with live TV and recorded tv.

I have ALSA:HDMI set for Audio Output and passthrough output.  I have Max audio set to stereo and upmix set to passive
I have checked Enable AC3 to SPDIF and DTS to SPDIF passthrough.
I have not checked Aggressive sound card buffering.

Like I said it works in totem movie player.  I briefly tried mplayer, but didn't get any sound or video so I am guessing that is a different problem.

Any thoughts?
Thanks

P.J.