[mythtv-users] Motherboards that support suspend to RAM (s2ram)

Keith Edmunds kae at midnighthax.com
Mon Mar 22 21:56:21 UTC 2010

On Mon, 22 Mar 2010 07:05:08 -0700, ryan.rustong at gmail.com said:

> Are you able to suspend and
> resume from the remote?  Do you have a script that runs to do the suspend
> and then ensure things start cleanly again on resume?

I suspend from the remote. I've only tried resuming from the remote once,
and that didn't work; however, the code was received by the Myth FE. I
haven't looked into why it didn't work, but also see below.

Script? Not as such. My lircrc includes:

begin
 remote = mceusb
 button = Power
 prog = irexec
 repeat = 0
 config = sudo /usr/sbin/s2ram -f
end

...with an /etc/sudoers entry of:

	mythtv    ALL=(ALL) NOPASSWD: /usr/sbin/s2ram

I suspect the reason the resume didn't work is that the command mapped to
the remote needs to be some kind of resume command rather than
's2ram' (anyone know?).