[mythtv-users] Does 3d performance matter at all with Myth?

Johnny Walker johnnyjboss at gmail.com
Wed Mar 24 14:14:50 UTC 2010

This machine is a desktop PC for my wife. She does almost nothing that

> stresses her current Celeron machine. One core of an i920 is overkill
> for.

I have only 1 backend and it's also a Mythbuntu Desktop machine for us to
run Transmission, quickly access a web browser or even rdesktop up to my
office when I'm working from home.

Once I separated the Recordings storage directories to their own drive and I
chose to also put in 4 gigs of ram - this triple-core (I had to be
different) AMD Phenom(tm) II X3 705e works great.

My tuners are 1 HDPVR and 1 HDHR.

I haven't timed commercial flagging but it's plenty fast.

-Johnny