[mythtv-users] MythDroid 0.3

Bob Sully rcs at malibyte.net
Thu Mar 25 14:40:03 UTC 2010

foo bar wrote:
> On 25 March 2010 06:01, Bob Sully <rcs at malibyte.net> wrote:
>> MythDroid looks VERY promising, but isn't ready for prime time.
>
> It might help if you take a quick glance at the documentation,
> especially http://code.google.com/p/mythdroid/wiki/InstallNotes
>
> As mentioned in the aforementioned installation notes, this is a bug
> in MythTV that was fixed in trunk a while back (r23381). You can
> either upgrade to 0.23rc1 or apply the patch mentioned in the 0.22
> section of http://code.google.com/p/mythdroid/wiki/InstallNotes.
>
> JYA: Any chance you could merge r23376 and r23381 into your 0.22 packages?

Actually, I did check the docs - thought I didn't need the patch, since
the version I'm running is >23400, and you mentioned that I'd need it for
versions before 23381.

>> For videos, it says that it "can't access the MDD".
>
> Some features depend on MDD. (See
> http://code.google.com/p/mythdroid/wiki/MDD).

I DID miss this, though.  I'll go back and do this when I get some time.

>> Also, it'd be nice if the app would remember which frontend was selected
>> as the default.  I have to change it every time I start the app.
>
> It selects the first defined frontend (See
> http://code.google.com/p/mythdroid/wiki/UserGuide).

I know - I figured this out.  It would be nice if a default could be  set
by the user, but for now I'll just delete and re-enter the frontend info.

Thanks again.  I'm looking forward to getting this working.  Kudos to you.

Bob