[mythtv-users] 8400 VDPAU only Bob2x

Frank Merrill fmerrill1 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 25 20:03:50 UTC 2010

On Thu, Mar 25, 2010 at 12:31 PM, Mitch Gore <mitchell.gore at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Have you tried adjusting the vdpaubuffersize in that field?
>>
> I have buffers set to 32

The buffer size setting is by default 17 in the myth vdpau code.
The vdpaubuffersize setting was added until automatic setting of it
can eventually be added.
In general, you would increase the vdpaubuffersize if you are playing
video with more than 2 reference frames.
Decreasing the setting will free up more video memory if you are
dropping frames or other video memory related issues.

You may want to try decreasing the vdpaubuffersize setting to see if
that helps in any way.
(minimum is 6, but I wouldn't drop it that far, maybe 12-16)

Also, in later messages I saw your logs, and I guess I am not reading
it correctly, as it appears you have 2 resolution selections:
a >=0 720 and a > 0 0
Which one is the first one in that list? In other words, which one is
actually being used?

It also appears from a message you elft that you may have already
ordered another card.

Good Luck

Frank