[mythtv-users] mythexport and xvid

Bob Gamble kiksadiweb at gmail.com
Fri Mar 26 07:51:43 UTC 2010

Maybe it's not the preferred way.  What I should have said is nuvexport
doesn't work either.  When running nuvexport --transcode, I get the familiar
text menu and accept the defaults as I have before.  Here's what I get when
I run that:

Now encoding:  From the Basement:  Untitled
Encode started:  Thu Mar 25 23:46:06 2010
First pass...
Waiting for mythtranscode to set up the fifos.
Waiting for mythtranscode to set up the fifos.
Starting transcode.
processed:  0 of 26772 frames at 0 fps (~%, eta: unknown)
transcode finished.
processed:  0 of 26772 frames at 0 fps (~%, eta: unknown)

transcode died early.Please use the --debug option to figure out what went
wrong.
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Nuvexport#Debug_Mode

Cleaning up temp files.
Cleaning up child processes.

So I read http://www.mythbuntu.org/wiki/MythExport.  Since I couldn't find
any one else using nuvexport I assumed this is what people were using in
ubuntu's latest distro.  Either way, it doesn't work for me.

Thanks to Lindsay for sending that link.  I will read it and report back
ASAP.