[mythtv-users] Asus M4N78 PRO GeForce 8300 and 1080p

Jongi jongitech at gmail.com
Sat Mar 27 15:10:29 UTC 2010

Hi,

I am building a secondary FE for my bedroom. However I will be going
with a 720p 32" LCD. I have some 1080p content on my master BE/FE which
is connected to a 50" Plasma. The motherboard I have on the secondary FE
is Asus M4N78 PRO GeForce 8300 Motherboard. If the M3N78-VM is anything
to go by that board should handle 720p without issue using vdpau.
However the M3N78-VM I have used to struggle at times with 1080p content
(I ended up getting a 9500GT).

Is there a way to have the onboard "process" the video as 720p? Will
that add to the load and make things worse?

Regards
Jongi