[mythtv-users] Mythbuntu 9.10 lirc segfaults transmitting with USB-UIRT

Joel Donahue joel.donahueis at gmail.com
Sat Mar 27 16:10:52 UTC 2010

I'm currently dealing with "digital enhancement" from Comcast and trying to
set up my USB-UIRT to blast the free DTA converter boxes. However I am
seeing lirc crash when issuing an irsend similar to what is described in
this bug report.

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/lucid/+source/lirc/+bug/471452

I'm running lirc 0.8.6 and my hardware.conf is very similar to comment #6 (I
don't have access to mine right now otherwise I'd post it) I'm sure if I
wait eventually the bug will be fixed. Another user is successfully using an
older version of lirc. However the last comment states that a user who could
previously reproduce the error no longer can. Leading me to believe it might
just be a configuration issue. I'm wondering if anyone here has had the same
problem and knows how to resolve it without changing lirc versions or
waiting for a fix. Thanks.