[mythtv-users] Overlapping recordings on SAME channel w/ one tuner

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sat Mar 27 22:31:16 UTC 2010

On 03/27/2010 03:12 PM, Andre wrote:
> Sorry, seems I'm just repeating Bill's points, I guess the real question is which layer is multirec implemented at, is a virtual tuner a generic MythTV concept or is it a type of dvb/atsc tuner?

A virtual tuner is a MythTV concept.

>   Maybe it's necessary to re-implement virtual tuners in the analog tuner handling code :-(

Yes, as I mentioned, and you quoted, "The multirec implementation laid
the ground work for a real ability to do what you all seem to want.  We
just don't seem to have anyone who's willing to do the work of
implementing it properly."  Your message pointed out exactly the
groundwork I mentioned, so yeah, someone just needs to implement virtual
tuners for the analog tuners.

Mike