[mythtv-users] Best way to move recordings to tier-2 storage

Raymond Wagner raymond at wagnerrp.com
Sun Mar 28 22:09:59 UTC 2010

On 3/28/2010 16:50, Larry K wrote:
> I have mythvideo set up to use a NFS-mounted file system on the NAS.
> I've been using the mythrename script to create meaningful file name
> links, which I then copy over to the mythvideo directory.  The problem
> is, I get really sparse metadata within mythvideo, which I can sorta
> overcome if create the right filename or path structure for mythvideo
> to go discover, as documented here:
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/MythVideo_File_Parsing

I put together a script to do exactly this several months ago.

http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/browser/branches/release-0-23-fixes/mythtv/contrib/user_jobs/mythvidexport.py

The script will copy any TV show or Movie into your MythVideo folder,
with a user defined filename format (the defaults work with the above
parsing scheme), and pull any respective metadata from your MythVideo
defined grabbers.