[mythtv-users] Compile error

Chris Thauberger cthauber at allstartech.com
Mon Mar 29 15:31:26 UTC 2010

I have been having a strange issue with anything newer than r23736 (0.23)

Here's the details.
I have a dedicated backend, and two virtually identical dedicated frontends.
Running since release 0-21-fixes, then 22-fixes once released, and for the last few moths, 0.23 trunk.
Everything was working fine throughout, up until r23736 (last fully succesful rev.)

Now, since that revision, the backend is still fine, and one of the two frontends is fine.
My problem is on the second frontend.

I get the following error on building of mythtv (mythplugins builds fine)

main.o: In function `reloadTheme()':
/usr/src/mythtv-0.23/mythtv/programs/mythfrontend/main.cpp:884: undefined reference to `MythMainWindow::SetEffcetsEnabled(bool)'
/usr/src/mythtv-0.23/mythtv/programs/mythfrontend/main.cpp:895: undefined reference to `MythMainWindow::SetEffcetsEnabled(bool)'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [mythfrontend] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/mythtv-0.23/mythtv/programs/mythfrontend'
make[1]: *** [sub-mythfrontend-make_default] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/mythtv-0.23/mythtv/programs'
make: *** [sub-programs-make_default-ordered] Error 2

My 'configure' command is as follows

./configure --compile-type=release --enable-proc-opt --enable-lirc --disable-joystick-menu --disable-firewire --disable-iptv --disable-hdhomerun --disable-v4l --disable-ivtv --disable-hdpvr --disable-dvb --enable-vdpau --disable-directfb --enable-opengl-video --enable-opengl-vsync

The results of the 'configure' is:

# Basic Settings
Compile type              release
Compiler cache            yes
DistCC                    no
qmake                     /usr/bin/qmake
install prefix            /usr/local
runtime prefix            /usr/local
CPU                       x86 x86_64 (model name : AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4800+)
big-endian                no
runtime cpu detection     no
yasm                      yes
MMX enabled               yes
MMX2 enabled              yes
3DNow! enabled            yes
3DNow! extended enabled   yes
SSE enabled               yes
SSSE3 enabled             yes
CMOV enabled              yes

# Input Support
Joystick menu             no
lirc support              yes
Video4Linux sup.          no
ivtv support              no
HD-PVR support            no
FireWire support          no
DVB support               no [/usr/include]
DVB-S2 support            no
HDHomeRun support         no
IPTV support              no

# Sound Output Support
PulseAudio support        yes
OSS support               yes
ALSA support              yes
JACK support              yes
libfftw3 support          no

# Video Output Support
x11 support               yes
xrandr support            yes
xv support                yes
XvMC support              yes
XvMC VLD support          yes
XvMC pro support          no
XvMC libs                 -lXvMCW -ldl
VDPAU support             yes
OpenGL video              yes
OpenGL vsync              yes
DirectFB                  no
Fribidi formatting        no
MHEG support              yes

# Misc Features
multi threaded libavcodec yes
Frontend                  yes
Backend                   yes

# Bindings
bindings_perl             yes
bindings_python           yes

Creating libs/libmythdb/mythconfig.h and libs/libmythdb/mythconfig.mak

I have made sure any pre-requisites are there by reverifying/downloading/installing required packages using the apt-get command listed at
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/User_Manual:Initial_Installation#Prerequisites

I have completely cleared my source tree and redownloaded a fresh copy (most recently just this morning, with the RC1 release-023-fixes r23847)

I am at a complete loss as to why this is happening on this one frontend.
The other frontend is fine.  Both computers are identical hardware, installed at the same time, same updates applied at the same time, and I just can't find any differences, but there obviously is something.  I assume I am missing a library somewhere or something simple like that, but just can't find it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Chris