[mythtv-users] osd font issue

Udo van den Heuvel udovdh at xs4all.nl
Tue Mar 30 16:47:24 UTC 2010

On 2010-03-30 18:15, Michael T. Dean wrote:

>>> No device number for control devices.
>>>
>> Hmm.
>> I saw a bug mention in trac, http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/8226,
>> that appears to be like the issue that I see here.
>> `hw:1,3` gives me sound. `hdmi` doesn't in frontend.
>> Just no mixer thingy workaround with hw:1,3...?
>
> That's a different issue that only applies to SVN trunk (and hasn't been
> confirmed, yet, either).  The issue is that you're giving a /device/
> number for a mixer.  There is no such thing as control device 3 on card
> 1.  What you're giving is equivalent to
> ALSA:controldevicethatdoesnotexist.  Neither will work.  :)

Euhm..
Well..
aplay -D hdmi:CARD=HDMI ~/test.wav works, gives sound.
When I put `ALSA:hdmi:CARD=HDMI` in mythv it isn't accepted.
`hdmi`, `HDMI` etc don't work
`ALSA:hw:1,3` does work and gives sound.

BTW: I started the valgrind thingie, it could run until weekend when I
try to migrate to 0.23-fixes if there's really no (biggish) issues with
that version.

Kind regards,
Udo

$ aplay -L