[mythtv-users] Storage Groups and Missing Covers

Doug Lytle support at drdos.info
Tue Mar 30 18:13:37 UTC 2010

Hey everybody,

I've been trying to figure out why, in mythweb, when viewing movies that
I've ripped, it's showing 'Missing Cover'.

I've verified that the symlinks for video and video_cover, that is
located in /var/www/html/mythweb/data is accessible and the permissions
are correct.

If I use mythweb to assign the cover art, it will let me to browse the
local file system and then I can assign a picture. The cover art does go
into the video_cover directory on the backend with the correct permissions.

One thing that comes to mind is that I'm using storage groups and I've
eliminated my NFS mounts when I moved over to 22-fixes.

Searching the wiki on storage groups, I've come across:

      "Storage Groups

Videos in Myth can now be stored on the backend and streamed to the
frontend without a NFS or Samba mount. It is critical to note that the
Storage Group implementation is /not/ complete, and to take that into
consideration when weighing whether to move to MythVideo Storage Groups.
Hopefully the transition to Storage Groups will be complete for MythTV
.24, so this should be taken as a technology preview release only.

Disadvantages

    * External Video Players (mplayer, xine, VLC) will *not work* with
      videos hosted on an SG.
    * ISO/VIDEO_TS Playback *does not presently work* in Storage Groups."

Should this also include mythweb cover art, or do I need to look
elsewhere for this problem?

System info:

Mandriva 2010.0 (32 bit)

mythbackend --version
Please include all output in bug reports.
MythTV Version   : 23815M
MythTV Branch    : branches/release-0-22-fixes
Network Protocol : 50
Library API      : 0.22.20091023-1
QT Version       : 4.5.3
Options compiled in:
  linux release using_oss using_alsa using_pulse using_backend
using_directfb using_dvb using_frontend using_hdhomerun using_hdpvr
using_iptv using_ivtv using_lirc using_mheg using_opengl_video
using_opengl_vsync using_qtwebkit using_v4l using_x11 using_xv
using_xvmc using_xvmc_vld using_xvmcw using_bindings_perl
using_bindings_python using_opengl using_ffmpeg_threads using_live
using_mheg

Doug

--
Ben Franklin quote: