[mythtv-users] Asus EB1501 as frontend

Steve Greene sgreene59 at verizon.net
Wed Mar 31 04:07:16 UTC 2010

The install was relatively painless.  After a full backup, I converted
the Win 7 data drive from a primary to a logical partition, using
gparted I freed up about 30 GB for Mythbuntu and another 4GB for swap.
Then reformatted the balance back to NTFS. Grub handles the boot
selection chores, even offering a "Vista" partition which should be the
recovery zone (haven't tried it, so I advise everyone to make a full
backup before messing with this).  One caveat, the machine normally uses
a "boot accelerator" setting in BIOS.  I had to disable that, because
the wireless keyboard wouldn't work properly in Grub or to log into
Mythbuntu with it enabled.

Steve Greene