[mythtv-users] Interesting results

Brent Bolin brent.bolin at gmail.com
Wed Mar 31 12:48:15 UTC 2010

On Wed, Mar 31, 2010 at 3:25 AM, David Watkins <watkinshome at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 31 March 2010 04:31, Brent Bolin <brent.bolin at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Testing some things in anticipation of moving Myth backend to a new setup.
>>
>> Currently running the test setup on a windows box using Virtualbox.
>> Being used to test some new raid setups.
>>

>> If I backup and restore the database do I need to run the myth-setup
>> program on the new installation?
>>

>> For right now I'm just creating file lists with all the files on the
>> production system -
>>
>> /var/lib/mythtv/recordings fanart coverart etc...
>>
>> Then on the new system just creating empty files. I will have to do
>> this any way because I just don't have the extra room to store OTA
>> recordings.  Then let Myth just expire those recordings.
>>
>> When looking at Mythweb most of the data is there except channel
>> icons.  What I find interesting are the recording detail images.  They
>> are there.  Is this data stored in the database?
>
> I believe that some packaged version of mythtv come with cron scripts
> that trawl the internet looking for images and fanart.  There was a
> thread on this subject within the last week or so.

I am aware of this.  I will tarball *.jpg etc... files from the
production server and move those over to the new server.  The tarball
size of these is negligible.

The channel icons we're originally pulled down from the backend setup
screen.  There is a channels directory under

/home/mythtv/.mythtv/channels
and
/home/user/.mythtv/channels

I have copied over these directories to the new test server, but
mythweb channel listing still doesn't show these.  Wondering if it
just won't because there are no tuners in this test server.  It's a
laptop.  Or the other question is if mythtv uses these at all and the
jpg images come from the database.