[mythtv-users] Improved playback groups

Jim Stichnoth stichnot at gmail.com
Wed Mar 31 13:42:09 UTC 2010

On Tue, Mar 30, 2010 at 11:34 PM, Bill Meek <keemllib at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Jim;
>
> Thanks for adding v8 of Greatly Enhanced Playback Groups.
>
> I tried building it on my frontend and got 2 compile failures.  Adding
> #include "playsettings.h" to audiooutputjack.cpp & audiooutputpulse.cpp
> solved it.

Thanks.  I guess those files must not be built in my setup.  I'll add that
change next time there's an update.

> Also noted that without GEPG, when starting playback of a recording that
> uses the 'Default' playgroup, Default Settings is displayed.   With GEPG
> only recordings in my 'Test 8088' playgroup display a message.  If that
> is design intent, its certainly fine by me.

The original code displays that OSD message (e.g. "Default Settings") at the
start of playback whenever there is more than one playback group defined in
the system.  I found that distracting, so I took it upon myself to always
suppress the message for the Default playback group, regardless of how many
playback groups are defined.  If the patch is ever officially added, it'll
be the devs' choice whether to include that line of code.

Jim