[mythtv-users] Suddenly no audio

Mark Adams madams9 at gmail.com
Sat May 1 05:28:14 UTC 2010

Okay, I've gone from acceptable but low volume to silence.

Mandriva ran a bunch of updates through today and now I get audio
everywhere but MythTV.  I repeat: everything (VLC, mplayer, Amarok,
Audacious2, everything) plays audio just fine except for MythTV. They
even play mpeg files recorded by MythTV with audio just fine.  I have
been though the settings methodically changed them over the past two
hours in an effort to fix it via trial and error and I have gained nothing.

Pulse audio is no longer running. And I've done everything I can think
of or find by Googling the issue.  I'm very frustrated.  I have no idea
where to go from here.  Here are the current (default) settings that
worked until this evening:

Audio Output Device: ALSA:default

Passthrough Output Device: Default

Mixer Device: ALSA:default

Mixer Controls: Master

Volume controls in MythTV are at 95%.

Here is the hardware info from lshw:

*-multimedia
              product: 82801G (ICH7 Family) High Definition Audio Controller
              vendor: Intel Corporation
              physical id: 1b
              bus info: pci at 0000:00:1b.0
              version: 01
              width: 64 bits
              clock: 33MHz
              capabilities: pm msi pciexpress bus_master cap_list
              configuration: driver=HDA Intel latency=0
              resources: irq:16 memory:f96fc000-f96fffff

I would really appreciate some help here.

Thanks.

Mark