[mythtv-users] Upgraded to 10.04, now mythfrontend gets a segmentation fault on live TV

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sat May 1 19:39:44 UTC 2010

On 05/01/2010 04:27 AM, Douglas Peale wrote:
> I just upgraded to Ubuntu 10.04, and now mythfrontend get a segmentation fault when I try and view live TV.
> I had to remove mythbuntu-desktop to enable the upgrade to happen (see bug #571743), and I can't add it back without it removing ubuntu-desktop.
> Somehow both were installed on 9.10.
> Anyway, this is what I get when I run from the command line and then click on live TV:

The symptom sounds a lot like you left 0.22-fixes mythtv
binaries/libraries on your system and they're breaking the new upgraded
0.23-fixes.  Did you upgrade a pre-existing install?  If so, I highly
recommend uninstalling all of MythTV and making sure no MythTV stuff is
left, then install 0.23-fixes.

Mike