[mythtv-users] How to get mythvideo working on a FE only machine.

R. Ramesh rramesh at verizon.net
Sat May 1 22:11:44 UTC 2010

> I can't help but wonder.  Have you set up the folders in mythtv-setup
> using storage groups.  Or, have you set up the folders in
> mythtv-frontend using Setup > Setup > MythVideo
>
> If you're trying to use storage groups, then ripped dvds (ISO images)
> won't work at this stage (I believe).

No storage groups. DVD nav for both dvddir and dvd.iso does not work
when setup that way.

I am using FE utilities/setup > setup > media setting > video setting >
General setting > Directories that hold videos = /var/lib/mythvideos

BTW, /var/lib/mythvideos does not exist in the FE but it exists only on
the BE and this setting allows me to
navigate down from FE Media Lib > watch videos menu item. However it
does not play the video reached at the end.

Ramesh