[mythtv-users] How would you handle the kids leaving Live Tv on all the time?

Paul Gardiner lists at glidos.net
Sun May 2 14:57:29 UTC 2010

Should not the backend be able to handle this automatically. Presumably
the backend can detect if there are any frontends using a livetv
recording? Or is that not the possible because of the case where the
frontend plays directly from disc without going through the protocol?

And independently of whether that is possinle or not, it's always
worried me that this problem might lead to a missed recording. When
the backend needs all the tuners for recordings, does it need to
negotiate with frontends to stop livetv? So might it be unable
to free the tuner? I've been intending to test this, but never
gotten around to it.

Paul.