[mythtv-users] myth.find_orphans.pl crashing due to contents of DESCRIPTION column

Phill Edwards philledwards at gmail.com
Mon May 3 04:01:17 UTC 2010

I've found that I have quite a few orphans and I've been doing some
tidying up with myth.find_orphans.pl. However, it's crashing because
the SQL statement falls over when it comes across a DESCRIPTION column
containing something like this:

    Bruce follows the Israelite's 40-year trek through what the Bible
calls a \\"great and terrible wilderness.\\"

I guess it's either the slashes that cause the SQL to fall over, or
the slashes. I seem to have a few programs with these characters in
them. Any suggestions as to what I can do to fix this? I could update
the DESCRIPTION columns and then re-run myth.find_orphans.pl but I'm
not sure which tables I need to update. From what I can see it might
be RECORDED, RECORDEDPROGRAM and OLDRECORDED. Can anyone confirm if
these are all the ones I'd need to update? Or perhaps there's a
better/safer way?

Regards,
Phill