[mythtv-users] Slightly OT: Using a PCIe to PCI adapter with a tuner

jr jraymyth at gmail.com
Mon May 3 04:12:35 UTC 2010

At some point during the summer I am going to be shifting a
FE/(slave)BE to either an Ion/Atom or Ion 2/Atom base.  Though most of
what I record is digital, I have an PVR-150 card that I am not ready
to abandon as of yet.  As the motherboards I see all have PCIe slots,
I began looking for adapters and found the StarTech PCI Express to PCI
Adapter Card.  Has anyone any experience with using this card in
conjunction with a tuner.  Any words of wisdom?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16815158165&cm_re=PCI_Express_to_PCI-_-15-158-165-_-Product

Thanks,
jr