[mythtv-users] Diskless FC12

paul10 at planar.id.au paul10 at planar.id.au
Mon May 3 10:46:01 UTC 2010

> but all I get is a kernel panic after getting and "failed to execute
/init" etc...

Gitch mate, need a bit more info to help.

I've just finished doing almost the same on Debian - I now have the better
half's laptop booting diskless (still has windows on the hard drive) and my
Ion is on order.  Plan is to just cut across to the Ion when it comes.

Your info doesn't tell me exactly where you're at.  It sounds like the
settings in your pxelinux.cfg directory aren't correct, or that it cannot
find either the initrd file or the vmlinuz file.  I also had problems with
mine in that udev was cunningly renaming my ethernet from eth0 to eth2, but
that doesn't sound like what you have.

If my memory is correct, the path here is:
 - bios boot screen, should say something like PXE booting, dhcp etc
 - then kicks through to the tftp server, should give a list of configs
it's looking for (on mine I'm using default as the setting, so I get
everything else listed first)
 - finds the config, and starts booting
 - lots of normal linux stuff from here