[mythtv-users] Decoding recording problems

George george.news at gmx.net
Mon May 3 15:09:22 UTC 2010

Hi all,

Let's see if I can explain the problem.

I have mythtv 0.22 fixes with Ubuntu setup and running with Nova T-500.

I'm able to schedule recordings and everything seems to work fine.

However when I start playing the recording after a while I start
watching glitches (bad decoding) for something like 2-3 minutes. It
happens on every recording. I have changed the player setting from CPU--
to CPU Normal but the problem is still there.

Just after arriving the critical and random moment everything is
perfectly decoded, but when it starts to work wrongly I only watch
squares and hear bad decoding noises. After a while everything returns
to normal decoding. The issue is that the time is always random.

I don't know if it is because mythtv when recoding split a recording in
multiple files and syncronishm is lost or whatever.

Can anyone help me?

TA